This tutorial illustrates how to configure your Google account to work with your IdP Web Application using Ultimate SAML.
Configuring the Saml2GoogleSSO Identify Provider Web Application
You only need to change the list of user credentials in web.config file. The user name specified in web.config file must match with an account name in Google Apps.
Configuring Google Apps to work with your Identity Provider
To enable and configure single sign-on in Google Apps, you can follow the following steps:
- Login to Google Apps.
- Select “Advanced tools”.
- Then select “Set up single sign-on (SSO)”.
- Upload certificate, such as the SP_X509Certificate_ForGoogleSP.cer in the Idp web application.
- Set Sign-in page URL, Sign-out page URL, and Change password URL. For example, when you deploy the test application on your server with domain name mydomain.com, the following URLs should be specified:
- Sign-in page URL: http://www.mydomain.com/service.aspx
- Sign-out page URL: http://www.mydomain.com/UserLogout.aspx
- Change password URL: http://www.mydomain.com/changepassword.aspx
- Add a user in Google Apps that is known to the IdP web application.
Testing the Identify Provider Web Application
The identity provider web application, in conjunction with Google Apps, demonstrates SP initiated single sign-on. To test the application with Ultimate SAML, follow the steps below:
- Browse to a Google App (e.g Google Calendar at http://www.google.com/calendar/hosted/mydomain.com).
- You should then be redirected to the Idp’s Login page
- Login with the credentials configured in Google App. You need to make sure that the user name specified in web.config file matches with the user name used to login to Google App.
- You should then be redirected and signed into the Google App.
- If you wish to change the account password, click on Settings, and then Google Account Settings->Change password
- To Logout from the Google App, click on the Sign out link on the Google App page.
- You should then be redirected to the Idp Sample Web Application logout page.Click here to download the Ultimate SAML SSO Component for ASP.NET.